A big thank you to Amy@afternoonpopcornsnack for nominating us for One Lovely Blog award. Amy has a generous heart and a beautiful blog too. I feel priviledged to be able to share in some of her everyday life. I hope you do too, if you haven’t met her already.
According to the rules of this nomination, we need to share 7 new things about ourselves. As there are 3 of us involved in our blog we thought 21 things would, well, just be silly, so in order to keep you from going cross eyed, we’ve cut it down to a couple of things each.
- I’ve just renovated most of our house and while I loved doing it, I’m really ready to take a break from it and just enjoy it. I’m over trying to live out of boxes and cook on a camping stove while squashed between 2 sofas and an unconnected dishwasher.
- I really enjoy reading Michelle de Kretser and Isabelle Allende. They both evoke a wonderful sense of place in their writing.
- The view from my kitchen window makes me not want to go to work sometimes
Kayi (aged 8)
- My school is part Montessori, part just normal school. I go to the Montessori part.
- My favourite authors are Andy Griffiths, JK Rowling and I met Andy Griffiths last week. He was really cool.
- I’ve read all the Harry Potter books and I want more
- I love playing soccer. My team is the Western Suburbs Tornadoes and I also play for the Western Suburbs 8th Grade Academy team
Zara (turns 7 today!)
- I recently met Andy Griffiths and Oliver Jeffers on the same day. Their books are really cool and funny.
- I go to a Montessori class the same as Kayi
- I play soccer for Western Suburbs 7th grade ‘Forest’ and I’m also in the 7th grade Development Squad
- I’m a good chess player and can beat mummy
- I like writing
And we should also nominate 15 other bloggers whom we enjoy. We nearly had to cut corners here as there are only so many blogs that we can actually read. I especially enjoy following people’s personal journeys and the children drool over fabulous food- actually ,well, I do too). I’m not very good at just flicking through. I have to read in depth!! so here is what we are enjoying at the moment – not in any order.